2024 Colorado brownfields conference
Call for Sessions - CLOSED
Thank you to everyone who submitted a session for the 2024 Brownfields Conference. In order to ensure a balanced perspective in sessions, all proposals are reviewed and evaluated by a committee. We will follow-up with all potential speakers in February.
Theme - Brownfields Begin with Partnerships
Starting the Work
This track will be for new professionals and community leaders. It could include a review of existing brownfields resources, State and Federal funding, redevelopment projects involving climate and environmental justice, and case studies of successful partnerships.
Navigating the Hurdles
This track will be for more experienced practitioners and consultants who want to dive deeper. It could include sessions on the latest developments and emerging remediation technologies, brownfields legal issues and accomplishing no liability, timely legislative updates, EPA guidance, climate sensitive remediation measures, and “lessons learned.”
This track is for developers, deal makers, and those looking to learn more about financing. This is an opportunity to share novel ideas for funding redevelopment outside of brownfields specific resources, public-private partnerships as a path for funding, an outlook of funding reauthorization, or private financing success stories.
Presentations are selected based on the following:
- The degree to which the presentation supports the event theme or educational tracks, with attention given to selecting a comparable number of sessions for each track.
- The direct experience of presenting speaker(s) in the subject matter.
- Originality and relevance of topic and materials.
- Quality of learning objectives and takeaway tools offered to attendees.
- With the exception to the “Starting the Work” track, an assumption of a basic level of understanding of brownfields.
- Level of interactivity and diversity of teaching styles.
- Presentations are intended to be educational, please refrain from sales and/or marketing material.
If your proposal is selected for the conference, you will be notified via email.