Colorado brownfields conference
Call for Sessions - Now Closed
Thank you for your interest in sharing your knowledge and expertise with brownfields practitioners across Colorado. The call for sessions is now closed and all proposals are being reviewed and evaluated by a committee. Session announcements will be made by the end of March. Check back here for accepted sessions and a conference schedule in April.
Theme - Brownfields Redevelopment Gold
This track will be for new practitioners and community leaders. It could include a review of existing brownfields resources, financial incentives (grants/tax credits etc.), and how to stack them to achieve brownfield redevelopment goals.
This track will be for more experienced professionals or those who want to dive deeper. It could include sessions on the latest developments and emerging technologies, brownfields legal issues and accomplishing no liability, as well as case studies and “lessons learned.”
Funding & Financing Track
This track is for everyone. This is an opportunity to share novel ideas for funding redevelopment outside of brownfields specific resources. It could showcase how to tap into private equity funds or venture capital to provide additional funding opportunities. How can people make the most out of their “redevelopment gold”?
Presentations are selected based on the following:
- The degree to which the presentation supports the event theme or educational tracks, with attention given to selecting a comparable number of sessions for each track.
- The direct experience of presenting speaker(s) in the subject matter.
- Originality and relevance of topic and materials.
- Quality of learning objectives and takeaway tools offered to attendees.
- Level of interactivity and diversity of teaching styles.
- Presentations are intended to be educational, please refrain from sales and/or marketing material.
If your proposal is selected for the conference, you will be notified via email.